The VISION of the ARRC is to provide a world-best-practice centre to support people who experience chronic autoimmune disease.
The MISSION of the ARRC is to improve the health & quality-of-life of individuals with autoimmune disease, through education, support, empowerment, advocacy and access to the latest screening, therapeutic, psychological and research-based strategies.
To FULFIL this mission, the ARRC will:
- Invest in and provide education & support to patients and family-members of people with autoimmune disease, both through one-on-one and group sessions
- Raise public awareness of this often-overlooked set of chronic medical conditions through advocacy, public meetings, and media presence
- Provide access to the latest screening and therapeutic interventions
- Undertake all of its practice according to principles of evidence-based medicine and health outcomes analysis
- Offer psychological and supportive review, given the tendency of psychosocial stress to flare autoimmune conditions
- Empower patients through access to the latest information on medical understanding of autoimmunity
- Provide prompt access to the latest research opportunities and update membership of progress in disease understanding